We have released:
- A new campaign film aimed at securing more funding for local councils– you can watch it here https://youtu.be/cpBCCkWdcWk
- New FOI data showing councils across England, Wales and Scotland face a £3bn funding black hole next year (2022/23).
- Our council cuts site has been updated and can show you your local council’s funding gap across England, Cymru/Wales and Scotland. It also now includes figures from district and borough councils.
- These new campaign materials are aimed at encouraging members and non-members alike to take the following action about the shocking funding shortfall being faced by local councils.
- We’re asking people to‘Email their MP’ (+ MSP in Scotland and MS in Cymru/Wales)
- People are being directed from social to our central campaign site www.unison.org.uk/sos
In addition to the above the following actions have also taken place:
- General Secretary Christina McAnea has asked members and the public to consider, ‘Is this the kind of community you want to live in?’ in her new blog.
- Youtube advertising
- Email to all local gov members
- Lead story in Activist Digital
- Facebook, Insta, Twitter and Youtube posts