- Ballot is live from now to 5pm on 22nd April 2022.
- Ballot FAQs for all LG members are here: This should cover most issues so please check here before e-mailing in but do let us know if there’s a common issue that could benefit from inclusion.
- Members will get an e-mail reminder on the 19th 2022.
Actions for Member
- We strongly encourage members to vote in the ballot.
- We encourage all members to write to their local Councillor – Here is the link to our auto-generated e-mail to them, copied to Gail MacGregor, Kate Forbes and Shona Robison. Members can alter the text of the letter if they wish.
- We ask that members to update their contact details immediately – up to date job titles, home addresses, workplace addresses and mobile numbers will be crucial if we have to move to a formal industrial action ballot.
- Vote Yes to take action in pursuit of an acceptable offer
- Write to your local Councillor, cc’d to Gail MacGregor, Kate Forbes & Shona Robinson – Here is the link to our auto generated e-mail to them, copied to Gail MacGregor, Kate Forbes and Shona Robison.
- Ask your local council candidates to support our candidate pledge to recognise, respect and reward local government workers and encourage them to use the hashtag #RecogniseRespectRewardLG so we can track who is supporting our campaign.
- If you’ve not received an e-mail with your voting link please, in the first instance, check your junk/spam folders. If it’s not there and you still have not received it by 15th April please call 0800 0 857 857 or log in to MyUnison to check that the details we hold for you are up to date.
- If you don’t have an e-mail address on your system/your e-mail address has recently changed you can still vote as long as your membership records are updated before 18th April 2022 you will receive an e-mail with your voting link.
- To update your details call 0800 0 857 857 or log in to MyUnison at
- If the system tells you that you have already voted when you haven’t this is a safety feature to help prevent duplicate voting. We suspect this happens when you have clicked on the ballot link and closed it before voting and the system then blocks the IP address. Members should clear their cookies and try the link again. It should then work.
Your pay, your say, vote now leaflet