Following another mammoth set of negotiations which lasted into the early hours of this morning, this time directly with the First Minister, UNISON Scotland has secured an improved pay offer for our members. The revised offer is attached for your information.
Your Local Government Committee met today to consider this offer and has agreed:
- We will consult members on this revised offer (and suspend the current consultation on the previous offer)
- All current and planned industrial action for Schools, Early Years, and Waste services members will be suspended whilst that consultation is underway
- We will recommend acceptance of this offer to members in that consultation
The key details of the improved offer are:
- An increase of £2000 for those earning up to £20,500
- An increase of £1925 for those earning between £20,500 to £39,000
- A 5% increase for those earning between £39,000 to £60,000
- A maximum increase of £3k for those earning above £60,000
- The removal of SSSC fees where application (social care registration fees)
- 1 extra day of annual leave
- All increases are based on a 36hr week calculator (apart from those over 60k who will have a 37hr calculator)
This equates to a total pay bill uplift of 7.5% with 87% of Local Government workers receiving fully consolidated uplifts from the date of implementation of between 5-10%.
We will send further details on the arrangements for the new consultative ballot as soon as possible.