We have secured funding through Scottish Union Learning to run the courses below which are open to both members and activists, so please promote widely.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis with unsuccessful applicants placed on a waiting list for future courses.
Applicants should e-mail: email@example.com with their preferred course/s and date/s.
Stress Awareness – 3 Course Dates to choose from
- 3rd February – 9.30 to 12.30
- 7th February – 1.30 to 4.30
- 10th February – 9.30 to 12.30
- What is stress and Is stress a mental illness ?
- Types of stress and What causes stress?
- What does stress feel like?
- Am I stressed? Is there a Stress Symptoms Checklist
- How does stress affect your health?
- Does stress affect men and women differently?
- How can we prevent stress ?
- How to manage stress
- What treatments are there for stress?
- Where to find Stress Management Support?
ADHD Awareness – 3 Course Dates to choose from
- 27th January – 10 to 12.30
- , 8th February – 10 to 12.30
- 17th February – 10 to 12.30
- An introduction and history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- How ADHD is diagnosed.
- How ADHD affects children, adolescents, teens, and adults
- The different treatment methods and therapies for ADHD.
- How to recognise behavioral patterns in those with ADHD.
- About the misconceptions often associated with ADHD.
Our next communications activists’ event is taking place on Wednesday, 24 November, from 1-2pm.
UNISON Scotland’s Communications and Campaigns Committee holds activist communications meetings twice a year. These events are open to all branch activists with an interest in communications/campaigns and offer the chance to come together and share good practices, learn from each other and discuss communications/campaigning in UNISON.
At this event, we will be taking a closer look at our recent successful health campaign and we will be hearing from Tam Hiddleston, chair of our health campaign group. The focus will be on campaigning so this event will be of interest to all communications activists, not just those in health. This is a virtual event and will take place on Teams.
If you are interested in attending this meeting please reply to Rosaleen Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a link for the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you there.
TRISHA and DANNY
If you are interested in attending any of these courses please arrange for the attached booking form to be completed and then forward it to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Please note that all of the courses are subject to numbers:
- Online ERA Refresher (24 & 25 November – 9.30 am to 1.00 pm each day)
- Online Organising for Health & Safety (2, 3, 9, 10 December – 9.30 am to 1.00 pm each day)
- Online ERA Refresher (13 & 14 December – 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm each day)
Please note that December’s Organising Stewards course is full but we hope to advertise some online courses for January to April 2022 very soon.
The next webinar on Scotland’s promise to its most vulnerable children is now live on Eventbrite. Link below.
We still have availability on the above course. If you have any activists who are interested in attending please arrange for the attached booking form to be completed and then forward to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Tuesday 2 November 2021.
We now have on offer two FREE Introduction to Microsoft Excel Courses which will be delivered online.
The courses comprise of two sessions of 4 hours in duration and learners must commit to attending both sessions.
The courses will run on:
Course 1 – 27th and 29th October – 9.30 to 1.30pm
Course 2 – 22nd and 23rd November – 9.30 to 1.30pm
We would encourage early sign up for these popular courses. Learners should register their interest by completing the below preference form to indicate which course they wish to attend and returning it to email@example.com